- Sealed Road Access
- Wheelchair Access
- Wood Fire Pits
- Rainwater Tanks
- Composting Toilets
- Separate Areas for Organised Groups
Hours: Namadgi Visitor Centre opening hours are 9.00am - 4.00pm weekdays and 9.00am - 4.30pm on weekends and public holidays (closed Christmas Day). Namadgi Visitor Centre can be contacted on 6237 5307.
Conditions: Full payment on booking | Fees may apply for changes or cancellations
Honeysuckle Campground is situated near the former space tracking station site and is suited to larger groups and families.
With remote wilderness experiences, a wide range of natural environments, an abundance of native wildlife, plus Aboriginal and European cultural sites, there are many reasons to visit Namadgi National Park. Namadgi covers 106,095 hectares, with 160 kilometres of marked walking tracks.
Visit the Namadgi Visitor Centre to get expert advice and see displays and audiovisuals. The Visitor's Centre is open 9 am to 4 pm on weekdays and 9 am to 4.30 pm on weekends and public holidays. It is closed Christmas Day.
Community groups and event bookings over 20 people cannot be made online. You need to submit an application to Use a Public Place for large groups - please refer to https://form.act.gov.au/smartforms/landing.htm?formCode=1030. Please note that the maximum booking duration is 7 consecutive days. As each unallocated site supports 6 guests maximum, please change 'Quantity' to reflect the number of sites necessary for your party. Please allow 28 days for processing when applying for a permit to use a campground for community group activities or exclusive use.
Map & Directions
Honeysuckle Campground, Apollo Road, Tennent ACT, Canberra 2620
The campground is close to Booroomba Rocks located 17 km south of Tharwa, via Apollo Road. The Australian Alps Walking Track which is a good opportunity to explore north to Mount Tennent or south to the Orroral Valley via the Honeysuckle to Orroral Link.
Additional fees apply to cancellations made by you. Fees incurred due to changes to your reservation by you will be payable at the time of the change. Where changes result in a reduction of fees (excluding those identified because of a special offer) a percentage refund may be provided subject to the following cancellation policy terms and timeframes:
Cancellations by you:
- A 50% refund will be made if you cancel any part of the reservation 7 days or more prior to the first day of the reservation.
- No refund will be made if you cancel any part of the reservation less than 7 days prior to the first day of the reservation.
All booking fees are non-refundable.
Changes to dates (transfers) by you:
- You are entitled to transfer the dates of the original reservation one (1) time if the transfer is made 48 hours or more prior to the first day of reservation.
- No transfers are permitted less than 48 hours prior to the first day of reservation.
- Refunds on any transferred reservation should it subsequently be cancelled will be managed under our Cancellation Policy.
- If eligible reservations can be transferred to a date within 365 days of the date the transfer is requested (subject to availability). All terms and conditions still apply.
- You must choose a new date, at the same campground, when transferring the reservation. If an alternate date is not known, you will have to cancel the reservation and our Cancellation Policy will apply.
- Reservations must be transferred in their entirety. Dates cannot be split into multiple reservations. For transfers that are requested less than 48 hours prior to the first day of the reservation any unused portion of the original reservation will be forfeited. Reservations cannot be transferred between properties.
The ACT Government values your privacy and is firmly committed to protecting the personal information it collects. We do not collect, use or disclose personal information other than the information you choose to provide. We adhere to the Information Privacy Act 2014 and its principles and associated policies. More information can be read by either clicking (or cutting and pasting into a new browser tab/window) the following URL: www.parks.act.gov.au/privacy