Check In: 13:00|Check Out: 10:00
Hours: Namadgi Visitor Centre opening hours are 9.00am - 4.00pm weekdays and 9.00am - 4.30pm on weekends and public holidays (closed Christmas Day). Namadgi Visitors Centre can be contacted on 6237 5307.
CONDITIONS: Full payment on booking | Fees may apply for changes or cancellations
Nestled in the picturesque Gudgenby Valley, just over an hour south of Canberra, Ready-Cut Cottage is a historic European heritage property. The Cottage, built in the 1927, takes its name from its ready-cut or prefabricated design. It boasts three bedrooms, laundry (toilet in laundry with external access), functional kitchen, cozy lounge room with fireplace, gas BBQ, outside fire pit, and wonderful views from all angles. All bedrooms have wardrobes and bedside tables with lamps. The humble bathroom has a shower and tub, and the kitchen is fully equipped and ready for you to use - including a coffee maker.
Ready-Cut Cottage provides a perfect base for bushwalking, bird watching, stargazing, reading or some peaceful relaxation. Surrounded by mountain peaks in excess of 1,500m high, the views are sure to impress.
The Gudgenby Valley is the gateway to southern Namadgi, with remarkable sights and experiences including immersing yourself in the Ngunnawal history of the area or getting a higher perspective from the Hospital Hill Lookout. Explore the early European history by following Settlers Track to visit Brayshaws hut or Westermans Homestead. Or discover the local connection to space exploration at Honeysuckle Creek, which had a tracking station operate from the 1960s to the 1980s and was involved in the 1969 moon landing.
Throughout the park, there are a range of walks to cater for all fitness levels, from short 15-minute walks to 8-hour treks. There is something to suit everyone. You can find out more about the different historic huts or walks to do in Namadgi National Park by talking to our wonderful Visitor Information Centre staff before you check in to get the keys to access Ready-Cut Cottage.
SMOKING IS NOT PERMITED INSIDE THE PROPERTY
The three bedrooms sleep a total of 7 people. One bedroom has a double bed, the second has 1x king-single bed and trundle bed, and the third has 2x king-single beds and 1x trundle bed. All guests must be included in the 7 people sleeping arrangements. The keys to the property are not permitted to be used by anyone other than those booked to stay at the cottage. Guests at the property should not exceed the 7-person maximum.
Check in/Check out:
Check in is between 1 and 3pm at the Namadgi Visitor Information Centre where you will be given keys and directions to the property. Please allow yourself 45 minutes to 1 hour to check-in and drive to the property. We are unable to accommodate late check-ins.
Check-out is at 10am at the property. Please allow yourself enough time to get back to the Visitor Information Centre by 11am. We cannot accommodate late check-outs.
What to Bring:
- First Aid Kit & Personal Locator Beacon (recommended). A PLB can be hired from the Namadgi Visitor Centre (02 6237 5307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Pillows are provided but linen, blankets, and towels will need to be brought with you.
- Food and drink, as the nearest shops are 45 minutes to one hour away.
- Wood and kindling. Wood cannot be collected from within ACT parks and reserves - this includes Namadgi National Park. The Visitor Information Centre has bags of wood available for purchase.
- Your camera - these views are too good to miss at sunrise and sunset.
- Please be mindful that ACT weather can be very hot or cold, please bring appropriate clothing.
- Please note that you will be responsible to getting your belongings to Ready-Cut Cottage including firewood purchases.
It is expected that you will leave Ready-Cut Cottage as you found it. This includes cleaning the BBQ if you use it, sweeping the floors when you leave and taking your rubbish with you. Please bring any cushions from outside furniture back inside before you leave.
For your safety, and that of the local wildlife, we ask that you do not feed or touch the animals. They are wild and need to be left alone to continue their natural instinctive behaviour and habits. Feeding the animals can cause them to become quite sick and touch them can result in injury. No pets are allowed at the property.
There is no reception or internet access at Ready-Cut Cottage. There is a landline for emergency use only. In case we need to locate you during your stay, please ensure that yourself or a member of your party completes the walking track register each time you set out for a walk away from the cottage.
Due to the significance of the property to local history, you may be charged for any damage.
Map & Directions
Gudgenby, Canberra City 2601
To get to the Namadgi Visitor Information Centre for check in follow Drakeford Drive south, continuing along Tharwa Drive, towards Tharwa. Once you cross the Tharwa Bridge over the Murrumbidgee River, turn left and follow Naas Rd. (DO not turn right, that will take you to Tidbinbilla, away from Gudgenby Valley). About 2.7kms from Tharwa Bridge is the Namadgi Visitor Information Centre on your left. Look out for signs to the carpark.
The Visitor Information Centre is open from 9am-4pm on weekdays and 9am-4:30pm on weekends (except on Christmas Day).
There is no public transportation to Namadgi National Park and Ready-Cut Cottage. We do not recommend a taxi or rideshare to travel to the property.
Ready-Cut Cottage is approximately 30kms south of the Visitor Information Centre. Follow along Naas Rd and it will turn into Boboyan Rd. Turn right onto Old Boboyan Rd towards Yankee Hat - this is a 3km dirt road and is suitable for 2WD vehicles in most conditions. Just after 2km there will be a right turn to a locked gate, please ensure you lock the gate behind you and only drive on the road to the cottage. You are not permitted to drive on any other management roads past the locked gate. You will receive keys and a map upon check-in to help you drive to the property.
For bookings cancelled or amended by you, fees may still apply. Fees incurred due to changes to your reservation are payable at the time of the change. Where changes result in a reduction of fees (excluding those identified because of a special offer) a percentage refund on a cancelled reservation may be provided subject to the cancellation policy (provided at time of booking). These terms and timeframes include:
Cancellations by you:
- A full refund will be made for any part of the reservation you cancel 15 days or more prior to the first day of the reservation.
- A 90% refund will be made for any part of the reservation you cancel 8 - 14 days prior to the first day of the reservation.
- No refund will be made if you cancel any part of the reservation less than 7 days prior to the first day of the reservation.
Changes to dates (transfers) by you:
- You are entitled to transfer the dates of the original reservation one (1) time if transfer is made 7 days or more prior to the first day of reservation.
- No transfers are permitted less than 7 days prior to the first day of reservation.
- Refunds on any transferred reservation should it subsequently be cancelled will be treated as stated under "Cancellations by you”.
- If eligible reservations can be transferred to a date within 365 days of the date the transfer is requested (subject to availability). All terms and conditions still apply.
- Customers must choose a date when transferring the reservation. If an alternate date is not known the reservation will be cancelled as per the above cancellation terms. Reservations must be transferred in their entirety.
All booking fees are non-refundable.