- Wood Fire
- Traditional Tent Camping Sites for Small Parties
- Picnic Tables
- Not Suitable for Caravans or Camper Trailers
- Small Shelter
- Unsealed Road Access
Hours: Namadgi Visitor Centre opening hours are 9.00am - 4.00pm weekdays and 9.00am - 4.30pm on weekends and public holidays (closed Christmas Day). Namadgi Visitors Centre can be contacted on 6237 5307.
Conditions: Full payment on booking | Fees may apply for changes or cancellations
Mt Clear is the most remote campsite in Namadgi, with basic facilities and access via an unsealed road. It is unsuitable for campervans and caravans.
There is a maximum of 6 guests per unallocated campsite.
The Mt Clear Pound is available for horse riding camps and large group bookings with a permit. For more information or to book the Pound contact the Namadgi Visitor Centre on 6237 5307.
Community groups and event bookings over 20 people cannot be made online. You need to submit an application to Use a Public Place for large groups - please refer to https://form.act.gov.au/smartforms/landing.htm?formCode=1030. Please call Public Land Use with any further questions regarding organised groups on 02 6205 8794. Maximum booking duration for this site is 7 consecutive days. As each unallocated site supports 6 guests maximum, please change 'Quantity' to reflect the number of sites necessary for your party. Please allow 28 days for processing when applying for a permit to use a campground for community group activities or exclusive use.
Map & Directions
Mount Clear ACT 2620
Located 47 km from Tharwa on Boboyan Road. The last 17 kilometres of the road are unsealed and the road may be closed depending on the weather. For road conditions contact Namadgi Visitor Centre on 02 6237 5307.
Additional fees apply to cancellations made by you. Fees incurred due to changes to your reservation by you will be payable at the time of the change. Where changes result in a reduction of fees (excluding those identified because of a special offer) a percentage refund may be provided subject to the following cancellation policy terms and timeframes:
Cancellations by you:
- A 50% refund will be made if you cancel any part of the reservation 7 days or more prior to the first day of the reservation.
- No refund will be made if you cancel any part of the reservation less than 7 days prior to the first day of the reservation.
All booking fees are non-refundable.
Changes to dates (transfers) by you:
- You are entitled to transfer the dates of the original reservation one (1) time if the transfer is made 48 hours or more prior to the first day of reservation.
- No transfers are permitted less than 48 hours prior to the first day of reservation.
- Refunds on any transferred reservation should it subsequently be cancelled will be managed under our Cancellation Policy.
- If eligible reservations can be transferred to a date within 365 days of the date the transfer is requested (subject to availability). All terms and conditions still apply.
- You must choose a new date, at the same campground, when transferring the reservation. If an alternate date is not known, you will have to cancel the reservation and our Cancellation Policy will apply.
- Reservations must be transferred in their entirety. Dates cannot be split into multiple reservations. For transfers that are requested less than 48 hours prior to the first day of the reservation any unused portion of the original reservation will be forfeited. Reservations cannot be transferred between properties.