- Gas Barbeques
- Covered Picnic Tables
- Wheelchair Access
- Covered Shelter
- Wheelchair accessible
- Flush Toilets
Check In: 14:00|Check Out: 10:00
Hours: Namadgi Visitor Centre opening hours are 9.00am - 4.00pm weekdays and 9.00am - 4.30pm on weekends and public holidays (closed Christmas Day). Namadgi Visitor Centre can be contacted on 6237 5307.
Conditions: Full payment on booking | Fees may apply for changes or cancellations
As each unallocated site supports 6 guests maximum, please change 'Quantity' to reflect the number of sites necessary for your party.
Cotter Campground is set on the banks of the beautiful Cotter River and near the confluence with the Murrumbidgee River. A cool retreat in summer, and filled with colourful deciduous trees in autumn. It is the most highly serviced bush campground in the ACT, just 14 kilometres from Weston Creek Shopping Centre. The campground caters for a wide range of camping styles from swags to camper trailers to large vans and is suitable for groups of up to ten people. Hot showers, potable water, flushing toilets, dishwashing facilities, wood and electric barbecues are provided. Bring your own firewood.
Please note all bookings need to be made online in advance.
Camping areas are unallocated and visitors are able to choose an area on a 'first come first serve' basis.
Community groups and event bookings over 20 people cannot be made online. You need to submit an application to Use a Public Place for large groups - please refer to https://form.act.gov.au/smartforms/landing.htm?formCode=1030. Please call Public Land Use with any further questions regarding organised groups on 02 6205 8794. Please allow 28 days for processing when applying for a permit to use a campground for community group activities. Please note that the maximum booking duration for the site is 2 weeks within any 6 week period.
Map & Directions
1691 Cotter Rd, Stromlo ACT 2611
Cotter Campground provides easy access to walking trails, wildlife, fishing, swimming, canoeing and relaxing. It’s also an easy drive to the scenic Brindabella Mountains and northern Namadgi National Park. Use it as a base to explore the nearby Cotter Dam, Cotter Avenue and Cotter Bend or to travel further afield to explore Stromlo Forest Park, Tidbinbilla Deep Space Communication Centre, Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve and Tharwa Village. For those who have come from out of town, Cotter Campground is only a 20 minute drive back into the city to explore the many attractions that Canberra has to offer.
Additional fees apply to cancellations made by you. Fees incurred due to changes to your reservation by you will be payable at the time of the change. Where changes result in a reduction of fees (excluding those identified because of a special offer) a percentage refund may be provided subject to the following cancellation policy terms and timeframes:
Cancellations by you:
- A 50% refund will be made if you cancel any part of the reservation 7 days or more prior to the first day of the reservation.
- No refund will be made if you cancel any part of the reservation less than 7 days prior to the first day of the reservation.
All booking fees are non-refundable.
Changes to dates (transfers) by you:
- You are entitled to transfer the dates of the original reservation one (1) time if the transfer is made 48 hours or more prior to the first day of reservation.
- No transfers are permitted less than 48 hours prior to the first day of reservation.
- Refunds on any transferred reservation should it subsequently be cancelled will be managed under our Cancellation Policy.
- If eligible reservations can be transferred to a date within 365 days of the date the transfer is requested (subject to availability). All terms and conditions still apply.
- You must choose a new date, at the same campground, when transferring the reservation. If an alternate date is not known, you will have to cancel the reservation and our Cancellation Policy will apply.
- Reservations must be transferred in their entirety. Dates cannot be split into multiple reservations. For transfers that are requested less than 48 hours prior to the first day of the reservation any unused portion of the original reservation will be forfeited. Reservations cannot be transferred between properties.